Pages

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Makeup I took on holiday!

Summer makeup can always be a bit dodgy for me. You want to look your best for all the summer snaps and days out but you don't want your makeup to end up half way down your face. 


Multi-functional items:
Taking items with you which have more than one use is one of the best ways to save space. For example, concealer can be used, as well as its ordinary use, as a primer for your eyes. Your highlighter can be used as a shimmery lid colour or an inner corner or brow bone highlight as well as giving your face a natural glow. 


Mini/Sample items:
This is always a great way to save space when packing. I have my mini gimme brow (which I love) and my favourite blush, my mini frat boy by the balm. I also find that I use frat boy to warm up my crease a lot and add a pinkish coral tone.


Summer appropriate items:
What I mean by that sub heading is makeup products which 1. For the bright and happy tone of the summer season and 2. Are appropriate for the activities that take place. For example water proof mascara! This is the false lash effect mascara (waterproof version) by Max actor. Then a bold lip is never a bad idea in summer so here is the Nyx matte lip cream in Ibiza which is a pretty bright coral pink. 
 
Inexpensive palettes or 'kits': 
Makeup products which have more than one product in are always a good idea. When going on holiday, I never like to take any of my more expensive items just in case they break or get lost. I actually opened my makeup bag when I arrived in Switzerland and everything was covered in black from my mascara! Luckily it was easy to clean. But here are some more affordable options: collection contour kit and makeup revolution iconic 2 palette (great dupe for naked 2)

Easy skincare:
When I go away, wipes are my best friend. Just to keep clean and an easy way to take off my makeup, my favourite ones are these simple cleansing wipes.


I hope you enjoyed my summer beauty essentials! 

Comment what you would like to see next below! 

-Anna x 








No comments: