Pages

Sunday 19 October 2014

Homemade Chocolate Brownies

So chocolate brownies are one of my favourite dessert/snack because I love chocolate... a lot. I have made them quite a lot but they have never been quite right. Recently I decided to google the best chocolate brownie recipe. After a lot of searching I found one that looked pretty good so I tried it out and they were honestly some of the best brownies I have ever tried and I have tried a fair few. I wanted to share this recipe with all of you so you can try it out too :)
Before I start I just want to say that I don't own this recipe I am just passing it on!

Ingredients:
145g of butter 
250g of sugar
65g of cocoa powder 
70g of self-raising flour 
2 large eggs 
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 
1/4 teaspoon of salt 

How to make: 
• Set your oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) 
• Line the bottom of a square baking tin with either foil or grease proof paper
• Add approximately two inches of water to a pan and heat until almost simmering
• Put butter, sugar, cocoa powder and salt in a heat-safe bowl and place over the heated water
• Occasionally stir the mixture until the butter has all melted and it is dark, smooth and shiny
• Remove the bowl from the heat and add the vanilla 
• Next add the eggs, one at a time stirring after each one
• Then add the flour and stir until blended 
• Spread evenly in tin 
• Bake for 20-25 minutes
• When you think it is ready stick a skewer into the middle of the brownie, if I comes out clean then the brownie is done. If the skewer comes out with mixture on then it needs a few more minutes. 
Then just cut into pieces and enjoy! 






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks delicious!!Looks like you have a good talent in baking: )

Unknown said...

Haha I'm not so sure but thanks